Thursday, October 7, 2010

/ˈ(h)wimzē/


whim·sy/ˈ(h)wimzē/Noun

1. Playfully quaint or fanciful behaviour or humour.
2. A whim.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do. And that enables you to laugh at life's realities." - Dr Seuss

I guess most of my behaviour is a bit whimsical... I like fantasy and nonsense. I think perhaps I dance to a different beat...somewhat like my friend Graham, who I think actually does hear a different beat to everyone when he dances (I say this with love - and a tinkly bit of laughter).
I have decided to create a "whispers" art journal - a new journey... I do not yet know where it will lead. I read these quotes today in my meanderings:

"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star" - Friedrich Nietzche
"Confidence, like art, never comes from having allthe answers; it comes from being open to all the questions" - Earl Gray Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment